Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Big Changes...

So we have had a lot going on around here lately and some BIG changes!!  The first big change is that the boys are finally in their "big boy" beds!!  I have been dreading this move for so long, but we finally just had to suck it up and move them.  God had great compassion on us and they never were real interested in climbing out of their cribs until a couple of weeks ago!!  Thank you God!  We knew they always could, but they just never really thought about it.  
So about 2 weeks ago, I walk into the boys room to check on them when they are suppose to be napping and Cade is climbing the railing of Luke's bed??? I look at Cade in astonishment because I was not expecting to see this and ask him what he is doing!!  He gets a big smile on his face and points to his crib saying "I jump!"  WHAT!!  So I explain this is dangerous and he must never do this again while putting him back in his bed and I leave the room in shock!!  Fast forward 2 weeks and Joe and I realize on the same day, that the reason Luke is constantly kicking the walls of his crib and waking himself up is because he is to big for his crib.  We decided that day the time had come...the dreaded big boy beds.  All I could picture in my head was children trying to come into my bed early in the morning and most of all, A LOT of playing since they are still in the same room and could easily get to each other.  Now that the switch has been made, half of my fears are happening.  They are playing a lot now that they have this new found freedom of no crib walls.  Nap time has been horrible around my house this week and I am ready to pull my hair out! Thank goodness they are doing great at night except for the occasional falling out of the bed.  Although this move has caused a lot of frustration....I feel sad that my boys are growing up!  I was holding onto the cribs for more than one reason....they are officially big boys now in big boy beds!!!!  sniff, sniff....


(Please disregard the ghettoness of their big boy beds....it is a very long story and part of the frustration of the whole change!!)

The second big change is that we are officially potty training Cade.  (No we are not just ignoring Luke, but he has absolutely no interest in pottying....we'll battle that another time.)  So Cade has been peeing on the potty when we remind him about it for some time now.  Then in the last couple of weeks he started telling his teachers at church and school that he needed to go potty. Again, not a big change I was ready for, but I didn't want to miss my opportunity if he was ready. So we decided it was really time to focus on it and see if we could get him potty trained. We are only 3 days into it and he is doing pretty well.  Like most children, he isn't pooping on the potty yet, but hopefully it will come soon!!  (sorry for the graphic nature of this post :)) He is only on his 4th pair of big boy undies today and I have only cleaned up 3 puddles of pee......Hopefully he will get the hang of it soon!!   He is very proud of his big boy undies though!!!



And Luke.....just interested in playing with his toys!

So basically in the last week....my boys have just grown up and they will be moving out of my house before I know it!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They are too cute!! I know you have your hands full with twins, but it looks like you have a lot of fun too! They do grow up fast!

Amy said...

i love these kids! cade is such a doll. thanks for sharing you mommy-adventures. believe it or not, you make it look fun :) love you girl...can't wait to be closer to you.

jbdlee7 said...

I know exactly how you feel! It makes you want to cry all the time if you really dwell on how fast they grow up!!!